The parliamentary constituency of Scarborough and Whitby was recreated in 1997. The constituency previously existed between 1918 and 1974, but was abolished when Whitby moved into Cleveland and Whitby. The incarnation of the constituency that existed after 1974 was called Scarborough. Cleveland and Whitby was abolished in 1983 when Whitby moved into the same constituency as Scarborough, but it wasn’t until 1997 that the constituency was renamed.
The Scarborough and Whitby parliamentary constituency consists of the following:
- The Scarborough Borough Council wards of Castle, Cayton, Central, Danby, Derwent Valley, Eastfield, Esk Valley, Falsgrave Park, Fylingdales, Lindhead, Mayfield, Mulgrave, Newby, North Bay, Northstead, Ramshill, Scalby, Seamer, Stepney, Streonshalh, Weaponness, Whitby West Cliff and Woodlands.